June 25, 2013

No longer call me not even maybe

I am having a day in which I shall not be called, "mo-om!"  Nope. Not going to listen. I'm off.  Turned off. It won't work.
  If you have a concern, you may say, "madam president."  Otherwise, work out your difficulties amongst yourself. Oh, it's not working, you say.  Well, I'm still not going to listen to "mo-om!"

There is really only one child calling me that.  It makes me feel better to think I only have to ignore one. Somehow though, I can't ignore it.  I try.  He has one of those persistent personalities. Sweet, but persistent.  Usually he ends up in his room thinking about how now he must play alone. Or rather he's thinking, finally he can play what he wants with no interference. Or he stomps to his room with no indication of any "learning of the lesson" to not fuss.

This child broke the mold, messed up my great parenting skills, takes the most out of me, tries me the hardest, and yet I foresee great things from him. Remember this, Mo-Om, when he grows up.  He is a great leader even now. He may not do what I think best, but his life is God's. Like his namesake Paul, he may be trouble at first, but once he sees the light, he'll go where God directs, leading others to follow The Lord of all.  I just hope it doesn't take too long, or be too painful. For him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.