June 26, 2013

Book discussion

Reading Will Medicine Stop The Pain?  I'm reading this as a group study, not because I'm particularly  dealing with any sort of life-stopping pain. I think the premise of this piece is apropos in today's culture. It seems that the majority of people suffering turn to medicine because it gives a quick answer to dull the emotional pain they feel.

I read a statement that was a great reminder about our future home. The author says, "The transformation will be so great that the trials you're facing right now will seem to you like nothing more than 'one night spent in an inconvenient motel.' " The author got that quote from another book that got that from Mother Teresa.  I am appreciating that visual image :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.