October 15, 2008

quote day

Today was "Favorite Quotes" from the TOS HS Minute:

“The philosophy of the schoolroom in one generation is the philosophy of government in the next.” ~Abraham Lincoln

I am much afraid that the schools will prove the very gates of hell, unless they diligently labour in explaining the Holy Scriptures, and engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which means are not unceasingly occupied with the Word of God must be corrupt. - Martin Luther

“My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself.” ~George Bernard Shaw

I must give you at least three of my favorite homeschool scriptures which beat any and all human quotes: From "
Home where I belong,~Deborah"
Jeremiah 10:2 "Learn not the way of the heathen."
Colossians 2:8 "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."
Proverbs 13:20 "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed."

Mine, too.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.