October 22, 2008

Camping with friends

We've been camping this weekend. We first went to Toad Suck Campground for a few days with my folks and their RV, and some friends. Then we camped at Petit Jean with our friends for a night. It took all day Friday and Saturday to settle down and be able to relax. We had a pleasant day Sunday. Then Monday we hopped up and ran off to Petit Jean hardly having time to look in the rear view mirror. We got up on top of Petit Jean and at the Visitor Center's Parking lot. We checked in and got back in my folks Suburban and it wouldn't start. So we spent all day Monday moving our junk around and getting it to the campsite (b/c of friends) and trying to figure out what was wrong with the Sub. We tried relaxing and visiting with our friends at our campsite even though the Suburban was still at the Visitor Center. In the middle of the night, my oldest boy got sick (the *bla* kind). But of course, we can't go home.
In the morning, my husband borrows some tools from our friends and takes the starter off. Another friend takes him to town and gets the starter tested. It's fine. Ok, now what? Well, he puts it back on and it works now. Great. He comes back to the campsite where the kids and I and our friends have stayed to wait with me. We pack up and get home as quick as we can.
I'm very thankful for friends right about now--trying to be thankful for mechanical issues, but I have issues with that.

1 comment:

  1. i like the new blog. You'll have to show me some time how you did everything.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.