July 14, 2013

Up and coming freshmen

I've got a freshman in my house, under my roof, and eating my food. I question his time on the computer, his time outside, and his time with friends.

 I want him to understand programming and be good with stop motion, but I don't want him to only be about computers, games, and devices.
 I want him to be outside and do active things, but we will pay for being on a soccer team and giving up our family camping trips.
  I want him to establish friendships that are more natural for him, not who I would pick. He'll have to deal with good people/bad people all his life. I can only minimally encourage who he hangs out with and I can force no friendship. I can't even force my own.

So what will I do?  I will pray for him.  I will defer some of those hard decisions to Greg. Greg will pray for him. I will talk and Greg will talk to him about wisdom and being careful what we do, say, and see. Hopefully we will be good examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.