January 24, 2009

Planning for long trip

Well, today we got Ashley's wedding invite in the mail today. I wonder if I HAVE to RSVP if I'm in the wedding and we're all traveling there. I suppose for etiquette sake I should.
Today, I've started a table in Pages to keep track of what we all are going to bring.
At this point I have everyone bringing a suitcase for use in CA, a travel duffle for the days on the road, and a "to do" bag for, well, for things to do on the trip. So far, the bags all equal 18. 18 bags! That's not including a make-up box, diaper bag, purse, etc. We're also planning to bring a tent, 6 sleeping bags, and a box of camping gear.
This brings me to my next point: we need a vehicle and a trailer. So in every free time (which--thanks, Greg, I'm wanting to look at that blasted "facebook" all day long :) we have to be searching the car sales for a car we're looking for and hopefully someone out there has a covered trailer for us to borrow or we can find one real cheap. It's very nerve-racking and patience-testing.
That brings me to my next point: a point of frustration has come up in the bathroom. We are so close to being done, yet the baseboard and quarter round won't cooperate. Should we use the bathtub or not with the caulking not complete and glue not dry? Makes us all very tense and frustrated.
So in all this, Greg brought up the fact that we've got to get the tree limbs trimmed before spring, which would be before we leave for CA. And we better clean out the garage or all the sawdust from the bathroom work will cause trouble, beside the fact that we won't be able to find the supplies we need to go to CA (like the tent). AND We only have a month. AHHAHAHAH. It's too much, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.