January 26, 2009

1st support group meeting

Tonight held the first meeting this year for Parent/Teacher Meetings.
We had an ice storm warning come out about an hour before our meeting was to start. Since I live only 2 or 3 blocks from our meeting place, I decided to go ahead with the meeting. I had about 3 people call saying they couldn't come because they lived too far and in this weather it's a little dangerous. We did have 3 other moms beside myself that came. These moms also lived very close to the meeting place. We just had time to pray and they told us they were closing because of the weather. When I got home, I had 2 different emails saying they were going to try, but because of the weather, they didn't.
While it seems like it was as much of a failure as a meeting could be, it actually was very encouraging to get so many moms saying they had planned to come. There would have been at least 9 there. Wow. That seems like a good turn out for our group.
I'll try again next month. Hopefully folks will still be in the mood and have the evening available. I hope it is an encouragement to them. That's my main objective in having yet another meeting. I hope it will be worth their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.