January 8, 2017

Mountain biking in the snow

I am so thrilled that I got to spend the afternoon on my mountain bike 🚲 riding Ender's Fault Trail North Loop. I have yet to get past the first uphill. Today I did the whole thing except for two tiny short cuts to catch up with my friends. Mountain biking is an activity I've been wishing to be involved in for some time. Greg at one time had bought us both hybrids which was good for him because he mostly enjoyed riding his bike as a means of transportation with the occasional off-road trip. When Emma needed a bike, I gave mine to her and set my heart on a mountain bike. I'm so glad I did. Today makes 3 official trails that I've completed (at least mostly).
1) Fern Hollow at White Oak Stae Park was my first.
2) Mt Nebo Bench Trail was 2nd
3) Ender's Fault at Woolly Hollow today

I'm so thankful I was able to go today. Thankful for my sweet girls who played with Isaiah while I was gone. Thankful for friends who invited me so I wouldn't have to go at alone. Thankful for another friend and her boy who waited up for me so I wouldn't feel so bad about not keeping up. Thankful I didn't get hurt. Thankful that it was so beautiful today in the snow.

2 comments:

  1. Love that you have great friends. It makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun adventure. I don't even go out to check the mail when it's cold. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.