August 15, 2013

On someone you love turning 40

So my best friend is turning 40. What do I say to him? You know, to cheer him up.
40 shouldn't look that bad.
It's like riding a bike, going downhill is more fun anyway.
We have made lots of memories together.
The rocking chairs at the old folks home are starting to look fun.

Maybe:
I'm so glad to be with you.
I'm so glad we didn't wait any longer to get married.
You have always been there for me.
You have been patient, kind, forgiving, and faithful all the years I've known you. At least half my life.

All your struggles affect me too. When you wish it could've been different, I do too.  When you need a change, I'm right there with you.  When you've wondered where God wants you, I'm praying that for us too. We are in this game of life together. You are not getting older by yourself, my very own dear. Not in the least.

Let's leave it all to follow our dreams. Let's climb mountains (that have cabins at the top). Let's go on long bike rides together. Let's do all the things we've always wanted to. Let's find someone to adopt the children so we can run away together. How's that song go "the children woke and couldn't find them..." Etc?   Well, maybe some dreams are irresponsible but I don't think it's too late for some them. Let's not think that way :)

Most of all, I want you to know that above all the people I know, I respect you the most, honor you the most, and love you the most. And you don't make it hard to do.



1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.