May 27, 2009

My lesson from Psalm

I read this last night and really wanted to type it out.

Psalm 119:49-64

Zayin
Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope.
Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles.

The proud hold me in utter contempt, but I do not turn away from your instructions.
I meditate on your age-old regulations; O Lord, they comfort me.

I become furious with the wicked, because they reject your instructions.
Your decrees have been the theme of my songs wherever I have lived.

I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord; therefore, I obey your instructions.
This is how I spend my life: obeying your commandments.


Heth
Lord, You are mine! I promise to obey Your words!
With all my heart I want Your blessings. Be merciful as You promised.

I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow Your laws.
I will hurry, without delay, to obey Your commands.

Evil people try to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored to Your instructions.
I rise at midnight to thank You for Your just regulations.

I am a friend to anyone who fears You--anyone who obeys Your commandments.
O Lord, Your unfailing love fills the earth; teach me Your decrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.